Friday, August 19, 2016

The beginning

I have typed out multiple "beginnings" and didn't like any of them.  I felt like they weren't really "the beginning".  So let's try this again...

I'm Megan Cole.  I'm soon-to-be 28 years old.  I married to a wonderful man and together we have 2 beautiful daughters.  I grew up on a farm in Idaho.  Long story short - I had the opportunity to move back in with my parents for about 6 months this last year (everybody's dream, right?).  It had been about 9 years since I had lived at home for that long.  Being there, I was reminded of the girl I was those many years ago.  And, frankly, I was shocked at how much I have changed.

Change is a part of life.  We all know that.  It's no secret.  But what made me sad was that I really didn't have anything documenting that change.  I had a few journal entries between graduation and getting married, but really nothing since.  I tried to blog after I got married but it tanked after I had my first daughter.  And sadly, the majority of my changing happened AFTER I became a Mother.  I began to see the world through new eyes and I documented none of it.

So this is my attempt at a new beginning.  A beginning of trying to figure out who I really am after all these years of change.  A beginning of a place for me to share my life struggles and triumphs so I will never forget who I am and how I got there.  A beginning of a place that I can call mine. 

I really don't know where it will go but I just feel like I need to do it and I try my best to follow those feelings.  SO....here we go!  This is happening....

1 comment: